SugarSnap is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers and website visitors. Below we have set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What information is collected?
SugarSnap will collect data that includes name, address, email address and contact phone number, in order to answer your online enquiry or in order to provide you with a service.
How we may collect information from you:
This may be collected when your details are entered in our online enquiry form on the website. If you have sent an e-mail, called us and communicated your information or we've worked with you previously this may also be stored. When an enquiry form is submitted through our website, it is sent via web client (browser) using HTTP POST to the server. This is then collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
Accessing links from our website:
Our site contains links to and from the websites other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to those websites. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Why is information being collected and stored?
We will only use your information for legitimate business purposes, including some or all of the following:
- To provide you with the information, customer service and services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and SugarSnap and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our business and what we provide.
If you opt-in and consent, we will use your information to send you our latest marketing communications. This will involve you being added to our mailing list where you will receive ad-hoc communications about the services we offer. You are able to easily unsubscribe and opt-out at any time.
Where is my data stored:
The data that we collect from you may be stored on our internal systems and in our secure database on our servers in Reading. We will take all steps we consider necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely.
The transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any transmitted data via the internet. We do our best to protect your personal data, however; any transmission is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will adhere procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Will SugarSnap share my data with anyone else?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
SugarSnap will not sell your information to any third parties.
Access to information
At your request, SugarSnap can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If SugarSnap does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
- The purpose of processing as well as the legal basis of processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of SugarSnap or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
You must provide any of the following forms of ID to access the information: passport, driving license or birth certificate.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time.
This page was last updated on 25 may 2018.